In Informatica Data Replication (IDR), when running the Extract process for a DB2 source, the following error occurs:
* Informatica Data Replication DB2 Extractor, Version xxx Build 21025
* Evaluation Version (This version will expire in 168 days)
* Copyright (c) 2012 Informatica Corporation
* All rights reserved
* Contact support at email@example.com
* Informatica Data Replication is running on host [Hostname_xxx] system [Win32]
* Release [Windows NT 6.0] version [Build 6001 Service Pack 1]
* Machine [Intel 16]
[Wed Feb 13 2013 06:23:08.569] DB2 Extractor exception..: DbReadLogRecords -> DbReadLogRecords
[Wed Feb 13 2013 06:23:08.569] Error message............: SQL2018N The utility encountered an error "" while attempting to verify the user's authorization ID or database authorizations.
[Wed Feb 13 2013 06:23:08.569] SQLCODE..................: -2018
From the error message, this issue occurs because the user-id used to connect to the database could not access the user's authorizations for the database.
To resolve this issue, ensure that the users have DBADM authority, which enables read authority for log files on that database.
What can we do to improve this information (2000 or fewer characters)